Beijing’s policy of draining surrounding regions to ease water shortages in the ancient capital is akin to “quenching thirst by drinking poison,” according to a new report by Probe International’s Beijing-based researchers. Now with a 2010 Update.
Click here to read the report, Beijing’s Water Crisis 1949 – 2008 Olympics 2010 Update.
Press about the report:
- Diversion won’t end water crisis, report says
- Going thirsty so Beijing can drink
- Beijing’s water drying up
- Water Supplies for Beijing 2008 Olympics in State of Crisis
- Report predicts dire economic effects of Beijing water crisis
- Beijing’s Water Binge
- Beijing faces collapse due to water crisis: Probe International
- Province supplying Beijing water drying up: state
- Acute Water Shortage May Cause Beijing Exodus
- Beijing ‘may collapse’ over water crisis